- Ensure timely closing of books of accounts and financial reporting. Ensure that all financial transactions are accurately and timely recorded, filed, and reported.
- Assist US team with all aspects of accounting which includes, but is not limited to, the financial statements, general ledger, payroll accounting, accounts payable, fixed assets, cash accounting, reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, regulatory reporting and various special analyses or projects.
- Prepare and submit flux analysis for balance-sheet and P&L items periodically. Prepare and submit periodically GAAP reconciliations.
- Collaborate with counterparts to set direction, develop and own initiatives to standardize and reporting & financial processes with the aim to improve productivity & quality, eliminate duplication and encourage best practice sharing.
- Along with managers, proactively manage the fiscal calendar and scheduled activities e.g. monthly close process to ensure accurate results and timely close.
- Delivering efficient, timely and insightful reporting to assist business with decision making.
- Prepare audit schedules and working with auditors to complete the audits (External, Internal, others) on timely manner.
- Fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system (SAP). Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the summary-level account in the general ledger.
- Calculate depreciation for all fixed assets to check the sanctity with system provided depreciation. Depreciation calculation as per income tax requirements. Conduct periodic physical inventory counts of fixed assets.
- Record bank transactions. Record bank fees and interest. Record interbank transfers to fund subsidiaries - intercompany transaction. Perform Bank reconciliation. Cross company collaboration with AP, AR and Treasury to resolve unrecorded transactions.
- Take care of the local compliances TDS, GST, STPI, PF, PT, FEMA, etc
- Monthly Payroll accounting, accrual of various types of Provisions (Gratuity, Leave Encashment, Bonus, Incentive)
- Preparing projections for cash flows monthly